International Cartoon Exhibition on Media Literacy 2018
CALL FOR CARTOONS!INTRODUCTION:
Not all television shows or radio broadcasts present educational information. The information tends to be packaged according to industry interests. In fact, not infrequently the television and radio media are used for the benefit of a particular group or person. There are many also present violent impressions, ethnic offensive, religion race and intergroup (SARA), and many others who connotes negatively.
Actually, in Indonesia Law no. 32/2002 on Broadcasting in mandated, that the content of the broadcast should contain information, education, entertainment, and benefits for the establishment of intellectuality, character, morals, progress, nation power, maintaining unity and unity, and practicing Indonesian religious and cultural values.
To encourage the realization of healthy broadcasts, it needs to involve a community to control the content of the broadcast. As a form of campaign, the Regional Indonesian Broadcasting Commission (KPID) of Central Java, Indonesia will hold an International Cartoon Exhibition on Media Literacy. The exhibition is also to commemorate the 85th National Day of Broadcasting (Harsiarnas) in Central Java, Indonesia.
The committee invites cartoonists around the world to participate in this exhibition.
THEME: "Wisely/Being Wise Choosing Television and Radio Broadcasts"
DEADLINE: May 2nd, 2018
EXHIBITION: May 6th, 2018
THE CRITERION OF WORKS:
1. This cartoon exhibition can be followed by cartoonists from all over the world.
2. Free technique.
3. Please send your cartoon to: firstname.lastname@example.org
4. File size / format: minimum size: 1 MB; maximum size:15 MB; file format: JPG; Resolution: 300 dpi; Color mode: RGB. The work must be safe and good to be printed on A3 paper.
5. Every cartoonist is entitled to submit maximum work: 5 (five) cartoons.
6. Cartoons are the cartoonists original idea.
8. Participants will get certificates.
7. The copyright of the work of the contest remains in each cartoonist.
8. The exhibition committee is entitled to use the work received for the purposes of publication, branding and others that are still relevant to the exhibition.
5 best works will get “KPID AWARD” certificate and each gift 1.000.000 IDR
TEAM OF SELECTION:
1. Abdulloh Ibnu Thalhah (Cartoonist, Art Lecturer UIN Walisongo Semarang)
2. Bernard Policarpio Fabro (Cartoonist, Founder of Yoyoy – Satiristang Bisaya, Philippines)
3. Budi Setyo Purnomo (Chairman of KPID Jawa Tengah)
4. M Rofiuddin (Commissioner of KPID Jawa Tengah)
5. Abdul Arif (Chairman of Gold Pencil Indonesia).
CYPRIOT–TURKISH CARTOONIST ASSOCIATION
17. OLIVE FESTIVAL
7. INTERNATIONAL “OLIVE” CARTOONS CONTEST 2018
TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF PARTICIPATION
(KYRENIA – CYPRUS)
2. Themes: Olive, Olive and Time, Olive and History, Olive and Mythology, Olive and Technology, Olive and Cyprus, Olive and Life, Olive and Peace, Olive and Conflict, Olive and War, Olive and Health, Olive and Women, Olive and Men, Olive and Children, Olive Oil, Olive Branch, Olive Tree, Benefits of Olive, Olive and Olive Mill/Press, Banning of Uprooting, Burning and Cutting Down Olive Trees and so forth.
3. All Submissions must be in the form of cartoon. Any painting or illustrations will not be accepted and will be disqualified. Cartoons must be without words.
4. All submissions must be originals. Submission dimensions: A4 or A3 in any color or black and white. Each entrant must provide name and surname, address, phone number including country code, and email address on the back of the submission; each entrant should also provide short background and a photo (optional) on a separate A4.
5. Submission of materials, which has previously been submitted and or presented and or published elsewhere, is welcomed providing copyright is not infringed, however previously any award wining material cannot be submitted.
6. All work submitted for evaluation by the International Selection Committee and work of finalist will be published at official web page of the contest. In addition submissions will be reviewed and evaluated for plagiarism by international associations. If Plagiarism detected and or any previously award winning material submitted, submissions will be canceled and the next eligible entry will be considered for the prize.
7. Entrants could submit more than one work, however no more than one award will be awarded to participants.
8. All submission must be received by APRIL 30, 2018 at the address provided below.
9. All submission, awarded or not, will be kept and archived by Cypriot – Turkish Cartoonist Association at the newly established “International Cyprus Cartoon Museum.”
10. All prize winner submissions and selected works by the Steering Committee will be published in a album and displayed at the 17th International Olive Festival will be exhibited in the festival area in Zeytinlik village within the scope of 2018.
11. The results of the contest will be published thru media and prizing winning entrants will be informed by contact information provided.
12. Kyrenia Municipality will provide travel and boarding expenses for three prize winners and six special prizewinners as stated in the terms and conditions of the contest. The prize–winning cartoonist must respond to the prize ceremony invitation within 10 days. The responses outside of 10 days are not considered.
13. The Kyrenia Municipality and Cypriot–Turkish Cartoonist Association will have the publishing rights to publish or print, in any media or format, any or all submissions.
14. All persons entering the contest agree that the rules of the contest as set out in these terms and conditions are binding on them. And all submissions could be published and printed by the Kyrenia Municipality and Cypriot–Turkish Cartoonist Association as set out in these terms and conditions without any future compensation.
15. For the exhibition and album, digital works can be sent to the following email address: email@example.com Digital works are excluded from awards.
1. Prize: 1,000 Euro + Gold Olive
2. Prize: 800 Euro + Silver Olive
3. Prize: 600 Euro + Bronze Olive
6 Entrants: Special Prize (Bronze Olive)
100 Finalist Prize
APRIL 30, 2018
Kıbrıs Türk Karikatürcüler Derneği
7. Uluslararası Zeytin Karikatürleri Yarışması
Posta Kutusu: 87 (Post Code: 99000)
Lefkoşa – Kuzey Kıbrıs (Via Turkey)
(First blogged on 26.01.2018 04:00).
The 10th Salão Medplan de Humor is open to all graphic artists, who can register works that have not been awarded until the closing date of the entries, in the cartoon, caricature and comics modalities (The comic strip should have only one page).
The opening of the Exhibition will be July 28, with the announcement of winners.
Each artist can enroll with the maximum of five ( 5 ) UNPUBLISHED works in the format 30x40 cm and using any technique . On the back of each drawing, or in registration must include the author's full name, address (with ZIP code), email, phone number, ID number, social security number and bank account.
The artist can participate by sending their work through the website www.medplan.com.br (with maximum size of 3 megabytes ) or sending the originals to:
10º Salão Medplan de Humor
Rua Coelho Rodrigues, 1921
Centro CEP: 64000-080
Teresina - PI - Brasil
2 - THEME
The theme of the 10th Salão Medplan de Humor will be FLIRT.
3 - AWARDS
First prize: R$ 5,000.00 (five thousand reais)
Second Place: R$ 3,000.00 (three thousand reais).
Internet Award: R$ 2,000.00 (two thousand reais) .
Medplan Award Caricature: R $ 2,000.00 (two thousand reais). Free theme.
Medplan Award for Comics / Comic Strips: R $ 2,000.00 (two thousand reais). Free theme.
The Internet Award will be chosen by Internet users, 09-13 July at the site: www.medplan.com.br
The best works will be part of the traveling exhibition of the 10th Salão Medplan de Humor. The awarded works will be considered acquisitive and will become part of the acquis Medplan.
The works will not be returned.
May not participate in this hall officials Medplan, their relatives and anyone involved in your organization.
The simple inscription configure automatic participant's agreement to all such terms.
Other information: +55 (86) 9975 2514
of Satirical Graphic BUCOVINA - ROMANIA
the 12th Edition, 2018
Bucovina Museum – muzeulbucovinei.ro
„Gândeşte” Association – gandeste.org
Suceava County Council- cjsuceava.ro
1. The International Exhibition of Satirical Graphic has as theme:
“ If you don't read on time, you will understand too late! ”.
2. We address to all the professional and amateur cartoonists from all over the world, regardless of their age.
3. The number of sent cartoons is maximum five.
4. Please attach in .doc format a brief presentation of your artistic activity (surname and name, exact address, e-mail address, a photo and your CV).
5. The exhibition prizes are:
- Grand prize – 500 € + diploma + gold medal
- Second prize - 300 € + diploma - „Gândeşte” Association
- Third prize - 100 € + diploma - „Gândeşte” Association
- Three mentions - diploma + medal
6. The cartoons must be sent at the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org and they must be of 300 dpi resolution, A4 format, realized in any technique: black and white or coloured.
7. All the events of the exhibition will be published in the web page of the Bucovina Museum and also on the webpages of the partners. All the artists who will qualify for the exhibition will receive the printed catalogue containing all the selected cartoons.
8. Deadline for sending your cartoons: 31st of May 2018.
9. The exhibition will be opened for the public in June 2018.
10. Bucovina Museum – muzeulbucovinei.ro and „Gândeşte” Association – gandeste.org reserve the right to use the works submitted for the contest in any way suited to promote the contest and its results.
Jury Members: Mihai Panzaru Pim – cartoonist; George Licurici – cartoonist; Ovidiu Ambrozie Borta BOA - cartoonist
Artistic manager: BOA www.artboa.ro; www.artboa.blogspot.com, boa-caricatura.eu .
Download Entry Form on source.
because of personal ties behind the stage, public relations & deals under the table!
So do the contests' judgements & results too! What a pity!
We are nowadays able to know who's going to win
even before the vote outcome or the jury's final decision!
It doesn't matter anymore if you were a good talented cartoonist or not!
Everything's turned upside down!
The truth is casted away!
Slided off! What do you think as observers of the latest intolerable biased
cartoon festival's contest's winners' results which were totally grabbed just by
cartoonists (citizens) of the same host land in particular! Eventually,,,
I think that such kind of harmful (backstage) Friendship
can neither find exhibitions nor improve the festivals' quality...
REGULATION1 - DATES
The 45th lnternational Humor Exhibition of Piracicaba 2018, realized bythe Piracicaba City Hall/Cultural Action and Tourism
Secretariat/National Graphic Humor Center of Piracicaba in will be held in accordance with the followings cheduIe – Registration: until July 15. Selection Jury: July 28 and 29. Awards Jury: August 18. Opening Ceremony: August 25. Closing: October 14.
2 - PARTICIPATION
a) Professional and amateur artists, Brazilians and foreigners can apply unpublished artworks that were not awarded until the closing
date for entries.
b) The works - all categories - can be sent by MAlL or ELECTRONIC (applications over the Internet on the official website, in the format JPEG and 300 DPI resolution, attached Images at once).
c) The theme and technique are free.
d) Printed digital copies must be duly signed by the author and with indication that it is print number 01.
e) Sculptures with humorous content will also be accepted.
f) Maximum measures allowed: paper- 42 x 30 centimeters (A3) (16,54 x 11,81 inches), sculptures - 42 centimeters or 16,54 inches
(height) x 30 centimeters or 11,81 inches (depth) x 30 centimeters or 11,8 1inches (width).
g) Each artist may enter a maximum of 03 works per category: CARTOON (graphic humor with universal and timeless themes), CHARGE (graphic humor with journalistic themes of now a days), CARICATURE (graphic humor that expresses the physical and/or personality of a known celebrity), COMIC STRIPS/COMIC STORIES (graphic art in sequence. Caution: for comic stories will be accepted a maximum of 02 pages per work) and Theme HARASSMENT (only for works that address the theme HARASSMENT, proposed by the organization: "Harassment: sexual, moral, virtual ... Harassment covers a wide range of behaviors of an offensive nature. It is generally understood as a behavior that bothers or disturbs and is characteristically repetitive. It is behavior that seems to be threatening or disturbing. Harassment refers to persistent and unsolicited advances and offenses, where the consequences of refusal are potentially very damaging to the victim. These, among others, are some approaches to be explored. "
h) Along the registered artwork, the artist must attach a complete registration form with legibly writing. lt is also requested reduced curriculum and photo, for registration in the CEDHU's data base.
2.1 - Sent by MAlL
45º Salão Internacional de Humor de Piracicaba - Av. Dr. Maurice Allain, 454 - Caixa Postal 12 - CEP 13.405-123 Piracicaba- SP - Brasil
IMPORTANT: The work submitted must be accompanied by the registration form, duly completed and signed by the author.
2.2 - Sent INTERNET (ONLINE FORM)
Inscriptions works in JPEG format, 300 DPI (attached images at once) only on our website, on
IMPORTANT: Uploaded files should be named as follows:
2.3 Deliver in person
In the CEDHU - National Center for Documentation, Research and Disclosure of Graphic Humor of Piracicaba - Av. Maurice Allain, 454 -
Warehouse 14A - Parque do Engenho Central - CEP 13.405-123 - Piracicaba SP BRAZIL
3 – AWARDS
The Awards are a totaI of R$ 55.000,00 (fifty five thousand reais) divided as follows:
a) Five 1st place prizes in the amount of R$ 5.000,00 (five thousand reais) each, divided among the categories.
b) One award of R$ 10.000,00 (ten thousand reais) called GRAND PRIZE INTERNATIONAL HUMOR OF PIRACICABA chosen among the five winners of each category.
c) One prize called Popular Jury "Alceu Marozi Righetto", in the value of R$ 5.000,00 (five thousand reais),chosen by online open
voting. The contestants to this award will be selected by the Awarding Committee. The indicated, such as the schedule and the local for the voting will be announced on the event's opening.
d) Also planned: a prize of R$ 5.000,00 (five thousand reais) called CHAMBER OF MUNICIPAL OF PIRACICABA award, exclusively for the caricature category;
e) a prize of R$5.000,00 (five thousand reais) called UNIMED HEALTH AWARD for work for any category that explore the themes of health
f) a prize of R$ 5.000,00 (five thousand reais) called ÁGUAS DO MIRANTE AWARD, intended to work by Brazilian authors in any category.
Besides the monetary value, the winning authors will receive trophies (creation of Zélio Alves Pinto). Other prizes and mentions may
be established, at the discretion of the Organizing Committee and Award Committee. There will be a selection committee and another
award committee with recognized and trained professionals.
The result of the award may be challenged up to one week after the opening of the exhibition, with adequate proof of any irregularities committed without the knowledge of the juries. If fraud or plagiarism is found in any award-winning work, the prize awarded will be canceled.
The values corresponding to the cash prizes will only be deposited in a current account in the name of the winners according to the legislation established by the Municipality of Piracicaba responsible for the International Humor Exhibition of Piracicaba.
It is mandatory that the winning artist has a current account in his name and he must inform it on the registration form. If you do not provide a current account within 02 (two) months, counted from the day of the announcement of the winners, payment of the prize amount will be canceled.
Authors of countries that face economic embargoes of any kind with Brazil and that make impossible the transfer of the monetary values of possible awards can only compete for nominations of honorary prizes.
4 – ADDITIONAL INFORMATION
a) The simple application requires the artist to accept these regulations. The selected artists automatically transfer the authorial rights of his artworks for reproductions and publications in any media, without restriction, aiming promotion of the event.
b) The CEDHU is not responsible for any damage caused to the work during the transport via post office or other carrier).
c) After the exhibition, the original works must be withdrawn by the artist or authorized person carrying a letter of authorization
signed by the artist, at CEDHU - Piracicaba, within a period of up to six (6) months, counted from the closing date of the exhibition show. After the deadline, CEDHU will exercise the right of ownership, according to its interest.
d) Awarded authors (including honorable mentions) transfer the assignment of the Copyrights of their work, in accordance with Law
9.610 of February 19, 1988 (Copyright Law). total, universal and definitive, in all the modalities of use and free of charge, protected by said law referring to the work(s) awarded at the International Humor Exhibition of Piracicaba, which are now part of the Municipal Public Patrimony for all rights purposes, in accordance with the Municipal Law n 2249,1976, partially amended by the Municipal Law n 2486-1982 and consolidated by the Municipal Law n 5194-2002.
Application Form on source.
OSOR ~ Cres / Mali Lošinj ~ HR ~ CroatiaONLY FOR ENTHUSIASTS!
10th OSCARfest 2018
OSOR Community House - July, August, September, October 2018
The exhibition has international character, there is no age limit, or limit on the participant profession.
ANIMALS on a (desert) ISLAND
(Wild & domestic animals, pets, figuratively ...)
1 (one) Cartoon WITHOUT WORDS
Format: A4 (210x297 mm), RGB, JPEG, 200-300 dpi
June 1, 2018
All participants shall be sent the results and a digital catalogue by e-mail.
INTERNATIONAL JURY OF VISITORS
Visitors to the Exhibition vote for the best cartoon by secret ballot.
(#12,000 tourists from around the world on summer season, the votes ca 2,000)
Exhibition selector: Branka Hlevnjak, MSc. (art historian, a visual critic)
If you would like to contribute to the prize fund for voters please mark your cartoon/s with an X
First place: Personal exhibition at the 11th OSCARfest 2019, Diploma, sponsorship award
Second and Third place: Diploma, sponsorship award
Prize to first-ranked Croatian cartoonist:
Personal exhibition at the 11th OSCARfest 2019, Diploma, sponsorship award
Exhibited cartoons will be at organizers' disposal who can use them for promotional purposes without compensation to the author and continue to exhibit them.
Organizer may copy the selected works in two (2) copy for sponsors, awards to voters, and promotions.
ABOUTH THE FESTIVAL
OSCARfest - International Cartoon Exhibition will take place in small town of OSOR
on the island of Cres, near the town of Mali Lošinj (Northern Adriatic, Croatia).
ENTRY FORM 10. OSKARfest Osor 2018.
Nick name, Pseudonym
Telephone / Fax
Sex Male Female
Size of YOUR T-shirt (sponsorship award) S M L XL XXL
Written consent for the application of a cartoon on OSCARfest souvenirs (postcard, T-shirt...) in a limited edition for prizes for voters, publicity and for self-financing of the festival. YES NO
Organizer ARTour-Nerezine AssociationFor the organizer Dado Kovačević - email@example.com
Art Selector Branka Hlevnjak
Support Town of Mali Lošinj, Mali Lošinj Tourist Board,
Osor Local Comitee, Croatian Cartoonist Association - Zagreb
Sponzors Jadranka Camping, Kamp Bijar Osor / Cres - Lošinj
Kopiraonica Kolding, ABM grafika, DesignArt, Vigna marketing studio / Zagreb.
An Organization: Municipality of Penela / Junta de Freguesia do Espinhal
A production: Humorgrafe - Artistic Director: Osvaldo Macedo de Sousa (firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com)
1 - Theme:
a) "The Life Cycle" - we invite artists from around the world to philosophise about the existence, as each culture faces life and death, what ritual symbologies do to overcome terror to the unknown beyond. Is death just a meditation of life, or an anecdote that fears the daily life of eternity? We do not want to live here in death, but to honor life with humor and optimism in moments like the one in 2018 in which the centenary of the Armistice of the Great War of 1914/18 is recalled, the mother of all the other wars that during the century. XX and that today through the said terrorism of fundamentalists, it continues present in the contemporary society. How can we praise the perenniality of the spirit, instead of cultivating a society that finances the death of humanity and the planet?
b) Caricatures of Leonor d'Oliveira Guimarães who was the promoter of this Biennial. See photos on humorgrafenews.
2 - Open to the participation of all graphic artists with humor, professional or amateur.
3 - Deadline: 10th of June 2018. They should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org (If you do not receive confirmation receipt please resend new email).
4 - Each artist can send via e-mail in digital format (JPEG 300 dpis A4) up to 4 works in monochromatic (one color with all its nuances - not accepted drawings with 2, 3 or 4 colors) (is compulsory that one should be on this subject, and the others can be portraits-caricatures of cartoonists - self-caricature or any of your country masters), open to all techniques and styles as caricature, cartoon, humor design, strip, bd board (story in a single board) ... which must be accompanied with information of name, date of birth, address and e-mail.
5 - Entries will be judged by a jury consisting of: representatives of the Municipality of Penela; representative of Junta de Freguesia do Espinhal; representative of the family Oliveira Guimarães; the Artistic Director of the Bienal; a representative of the sponsors, a local media representative and two guest cartoonists, and will award the following prizes:
* 1st Prize VI BHLOG- 2018 (€ 1,800)
* 2nd Prize of VI BHLOG 2018 (€ 1,300)
* 3rd Prize of VI BHLOG 2018 (€ 800)
* Caricature Prize of the VI BHLOG 2018 (€ 1,000)
The jury, at its discretion, may grant "Special Awards" (António d’Oliveira Guimarães, Municipality of Penela. Junta de Freguesia do Espinhal and Humorgrafe), an honorific title, with a trophy.
6 - The jury grants the right to make a selection of the best works to exhibit in the space and catalog edition (which will be sent to all artists with works reproduced).
7 - The Organization shall inform all artists, by email, if they were selected for the exhibition and catalog, and also the winning artists. The works awarded, are automatically acquired by the Organization. The originals of the winning entries must be submitted to the Organization (the original work made by computer is a high quality print in A4, with hand signature and numbered 1/1), because without such delivery, the monetary prize will not be unlocked.
8 - Reproduction rights are owned by the Organization, to promote this event, and eventually will be discussed with the authors in the case of other uses.
9 - For further information contact the Artistic Director: Osvaldo Macedo de Sousa (email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org) or V Biennial of Humor Luíz d'Oliveira Guimarães Culture Sector, Municipality of Penela, Town Hall Square, 3230-253 Penela - Portugal.
10 - The VI Biennial of Humor Luíz d'Oliveira Guimarães – Espinhal / Penela 2018 takes place from 1 to 21 September in the Cultural Center of Espinhal, but the woks can also be exhibited in other locations to be designated.
This year theme is: "The weather and the climate change".
1. The competition is structured in a single section.
2. Participation is free. Deadline for cartoon submission is Sunday, July 12th, 2018. Each participant can send up to 4 cartoons.
3. The entry form below must be completed in all its parts and sent along with the presentation of works that take part in the competition.
4. The paper must be sent by postal mail to: Accademia della Bugia-Pro Loco Alta valle del Reno, via della chiesa, 27 - 51100 Le Piastre PT, Italy.
Otherwise you can use our electronic mail address: email@example.com
5. The comics can be written in your own language, but we advice that you make a cartoon simply draw, without any text.
6. Italian Lie Academy will award the top three as follows:
1st place: "Gold Bugiardino"
2nd place: "Silver Bugiardino "
3rd place: "Bronze Bugiardino".
The Bugiardino is the symbol of Championship and is the bell tower o the village with a long nose, like the Pinoccio’s one.
It will be awarded with the "International Bugiardino" best cartoon coming from abroad or drawed by a foreign national.
7. All the winning cartoons will be published on website of Italian championship of Lies (www.labugia.it).
8. The authors waive any fee related to copyright.
9. Prizes will be delivered during of the 39th Italian Championship of Lies that take place in Le Piastre on 4st and 5th August 2018.
10 . The works will be judged by a jury headed by the italian cartoonist Marco Fusi.
caricaturists to the „Autószektor Caricature Contest” with the following theme:
The Family transport
1. All participants must be a natural person over 18.
2. The contest has 1 turn. Each competitor is allowed to participate in the competition with a maximum of 5 caricatures. Entries should not content any text and should be made in A4 format. File details: CYMK, JPG, good quality, the maximum size of the mail is 10 MB.
3. The registration form – attached to this contest invitation – must be sent back signed and scanned, together with the caricatures – to the firstname.lastname@example.org
4. Deadline: 2018 May 31.
I. 150 000 HUF (minus TAX)
II. 100 000 HUF (minus TAX)
III. 50 000 HUF (minus TAX)
+ Everyone on the podium gets a diploma
6. By applying, the participants accept that any decision of the jury - in connection with this contest – is final and not appealable.
7. Announcement of results: 2018 June 30.
8. By filling the registration form, the participant acknowledges that the Motorist Great-Coalition - referring to the competition – can use the submitted creations free, without the purpose of gaining financial benefits. Forms of use:
- Through mediums cooperating with the Motorist Great-Coalition (www.jarmuipar.hu; www.autoszektor.hu; www.riposzt.hu, etc. )
- In digital or printed catalogues
- In the free publication made for the partners of Motorist Great-Coalition, which will not be merchandised
- On exhibitions, or events supported by the Motorist Great-Coalition
- As decoration
Continuous information on the
If you have any question, contact us at email@example.com!
We wish you good work and a successful participation!
1st INTERNATIONAL “ENVIRONMENTAL ISSUES” CARTOON CONTEST 2018Subject: Planet Calling SOS!
Long before the dawn of the ecological movement in the 1970s, there were already many committed people and groups throughout the world concerned with the relationship between mankind and nature. They were worried about the dismissive way humans were handling nature and they reasoned about the consequences of this behaviour.
What has happened since then? Topics such as climate change, global warming, soil contamination, microplastics floating in the oceans, species extinction etc. are ever-present in our media and by now, everybody should at least have heard about those issues. Unfortunately, little has changed in the behaviours, neither of the individuals nor of societies. How come?
As early as 1972, the Club of Rome, an organisation of individuals who share a common concern for the future of humanity and strive to make a difference, predicted that if there was no awakening, the existing economical system would inescapably lead to a global ecological and economical collapse. They explained that causes and effects of human activities were often set wide apart in terms of time and space. Hence many can't (or don't want to) see the impact of their behaviour and simply deny responsibility.
This can't go on any longer. Our planet is sending an “SOS”, making an emergency call. The Earth is in a critical situation and mankind is at a turning point. For instance, provided that all imaginable measures and precautions were taken, the ozone layer would still need at least 10 years to renew itself. If we are to believe recent research, the world population is expected to be 9 billion in 2050! If we fail to consume our energy and natural resources in a conscious and responsible way, sooner or later, life on our planet will become impossible.
Hence we are now calling upon all caricaturists in the world: Let’s draw our lines and warn the ones who can't see the oncoming dangers! Let’s save our planet!
Rules of the competition:
1) Joining the competition is possible only via internet ( firstname.lastname@example.org ).
2) All submitted pieces of work should be participating in a contest for the first time. In the event of violation of this requirement, any awarded prizes shall be returned.
3) The caricatures are to be submitted in A3 size, with a resolution of 300 dpi and in Jpeg format (black and white or colour, no restriction as to technical colour processing).
4) The closing date of the competition is June 1, 2018.
5) Based upon the submitted caricatures, the jury will pre-select 100 finalists from June 01 to 15, 2018. These finalists will then be presented on social media platforms and on INTEGRA's and Don Quichotte's websites for the following 10 days.
6) The jury will evaluate the pre-selected works of art from June 25 to 30, 2018 and publish the results on July 1, 2018.
7) The award ceremony will take place in line with the exhibition opening on July 22, 2018 at the Municipal Art Gallery in Filderstadt.
8) Submitted caricatures will be securely stored within INTEGRA's and Don Quichotte's archives. For any use other than contest related, permission shall be seeked from each author prior to use.
9) A contest catalogue shall be issued in pdf format and published.
- First Prize: 1.500 Euro +Don Quichotte Medal
- Second Prize: 1.000 Euro +Don Quichotte Medal
- Third Prize: 500 Euro +Don Quichotte Medal
- Special Awards
- Angel Boligan (Mexico)
- Valeri Kurtu (Germany)
- Peter Nieuwendijk (Netherlands)
- Willem Rasing (Netherlands)
- Bernard Bouton (France)
- Pavel Kuczynski (Poland)
- Trayko Popov (Bulgaria)
- Tan Oral (Turkey)
- Hayati Boyacıoğlu (Germany)
- Erdoğan Karayel (Germany)
- Saadet Demir Yalçın (Turkey).
RULES AND REGULATIONSSUBJECT: LIGHT
Announcement and publication of the Contest: March 2018
Deadline for receiving works: 31st MAY 2018
Sitting of the Jury: June 2018
Announcement of the Jury decision , seminar and the opening of the post contest exhibition: September 2018.
GRAND PRIX: 5.000 PLN and Statuette
1st PLACE: 4.000 PLN
2nd PLACE: 3.000 PLN
3rd PLACE: 2.000 PLN
The Organizers have the right to the change in the amount of particular prizes, nonetheless, the total amount of prizes shall remain unchanged.
The Jury comprises of the Organizers representatives as well as artist dealing with art in practice or as theoreticians. Only works which have not received awards can be entered in the Competition. The Jury reserves the right to determine the final distribution of prizes, and to change their size and number.
Both professional and amateur cartoonists are eligible to enter the contest.
Unlimited number of personally made original works (format min. A5 – max. A3) in optional technique, with application card, should be sent or delivered by May 31st, 2018 to the address of the Organizer:
LSMDK "DEBIUT" (WİMBP) "CONTEST"
65-077 ZIELONA GORA
al.Wojska Polskiego 9
skr. pocztowa: 170
The Organizers envisage the publication of a catalogue, and reserve the right to make a selection of drawings for the catalogue and for a post-competition exhibition. The winners receive their prizes provided that they are either present at the closing of the exhibition or they indicate a bank account where the money could be transfered. Participation in the competition, as well as any activities and responsibilities associated ith it, including any claim to a prize, cannot be transfered to third parties. The works become the property of the Organizers. Every entrant agrees to his/her free of fees delivery of works to the Organizers. Entrants agree to their work being published on a no-fees basis. Every work delivered to the contest ought to be accompanied (on the reverse) with the readable author’s signature, contact/official address. By sending his/her works and participating in the contest the artists agree to the mentioned rules and regulations. The cost of sending the work will be borne by the entrants.
The Organizers are not responsible for damage or loss during transportation!
The Organizers have the right to change the rules.
Personal data will be used exclusively to implement the provisions of the Regulations of the Competition. The data administrator is the C. Norwid Regional and City Public Library in Zielona Gora, 65-077 Zielona Gora, al.Wojska Polskiego 9, Poland.http://www.debiut.org.pl/
GENERAL INFORMATIONThe organizer of the competition is OSTEN Skopje, Republic of Macedonia.
The selector assigned by the organizer will select the submitted works, and the international jury will appraise the short-listed works.
The official announcement of the awards and the opening of the exhibition will take place on 31st May 2018 at OSTEN Gallery, Skopje, Macedonia.
Cartoon / Satiric drawing / Comic-Strip *
* up to one panel of non-linguistic strip
Theme / Technique – free
Format – А4 (21.9 x 29.7) or А3 (29.7 x 42.0)
The author can submit several works, but STRICTLY ORIGINALS - hand drawn works.
For a regular submission, the author shall fill out the Application Form (electronically or manually) and send it via e-mail first, preferably together with a short author’s bio. Afterwards, she/he shall send the printed Application Form via post mail along with the works.
The submitted works shall remain within the OSTEN collection.
By completion of the Application Form, the applicant agrees that the organizer can use, expose, study and publish the works for the needs of the event.
SELECTION / JUDGING PROCESS
The short-listed works selected by the selector are eligible for awards that will be decided by the international jury.
Erdogan BASOL, Turkey (Cartoonist)
Ann TELNAES, USA (Editorial Cartoonist in the Washington Post)
Ross THOMSON, UK (Cartoonist)
Mostafa RAMEZANI, Iran/France (Cartoonist & Graphic Designer)
Vladimir KAZANEVSKY, Ukraine (Cartoonist and Lecturer on the Theory of Cartoon Art)
Mice JANKULOVSKI, Macedonia (Artist, Cartoonist and representative of OSTEN)
GRAND PRIX FOR LIFE ACHIEVEMENT (5000 $)
FIRST AWARD FOR CARTOON (1000 $)
FIRST AWARD FOR SATIRIC DRAWING (1000 $)
FIRST AWARD FOR COMIC / STRIP (1000 $)
10 SPECIAL AWARDS (PLAQUE)
AWARD CICO* (for Macedonian Cartoonist)
* In honor of the great Macedonian cartoonist Vasilije Popovic - Cico.
Short-listed works are exhibited at OSTEN Gallery from 31st May to 15th June 2018.
Short-listed works are represented in the Catalog and their authors will receive a copy of the catalog via post mail.
The organizer will cover the accommodation expenses for the awarded cartoonists who will announce their presence on the opening of the exhibition in Skopje up to 1st May 2018.
The works that will arrived on the address of OSTEN up to 31st March 2018 will be considered for selection.
OSTEN WORLD GALLERY OF CARTOONS
8. Udarna Brigada 2, 1000 Skopje, Macedonia
Application Form on source.